Aside from allowing the generation and customisation of reports, the DEAR Reporting module also allows filtering, formatting, and searching of reports.
Table of Contents
Let’s say in your Inventory Movement Summary Report you want to view the Products in your Main Warehouse location only. To filter reports accordingly:
- Filter location by Main Warehouse. Ensure that all other locations are NOT selected. If other locations are selected, press each to deselect.
- Click OK.
Applying Advanced Report Filters
To apply advanced filters and filter data from a pivot table:
- Click Apply Filter.
- On the PivotGrid Prefilter window, select the preferred filter.
Alternatively, you can apply advanced filters using the following method:
- Right-click on Data Headers (shown highlighted in red in the screenshot below).
- Select Show Prefilter.
The Prefilter box contains the following details:
- Operand – an editable field containing the list of data source fields. Click the operand and select a required field, e.g. Product, Location, and SKU, from the list.
- Criteria operator – for example, Begin with is a criteria operator. To set another operator for a condition, click the operator and choose another one from the menu.
Users are allowed to rearrange the Header Tabs and format the report according to their requirements. To do this, drag and drop the tabs in the preferred position. In the screenshot below, the Month tab is moved before the Location tab.
- Click and hold the Month tab, then drag it before the Location tab.
- Release the cursor to drop the Month tab in the preferred position. The report will automatically adjust the columns.
Searching for Reports
You can use the Search box to streamline filtering for all reports. The Search function works at the database level and is more efficient than Prefilter. The Search box also allows you to search by hidden fields or fields not visible in the report. For example, additional attributes and the note area on sales/purchase orders are not normally shown on the report.