Xero Integration - New Features
After DEAR Inventory and Xero are connected, DEAR Inventory will become the central medium for all inventory management within your business. This means that all inventory-related purchases, sales, and manufacturing will be performed in DEAR Inventory and then synchronized over to Xero.
This article lists all the new features of Xero Integration. For information on basic Xero Integration, please refer to Xero Integration.
- Accessing Xero Integration Settings
- Exporting Attachments to Xero
- Exporting Purchase Orders to Xero
- Automatic Synchronization with XERO
- Viewing status of Synchronization Transaction
- Viewing Synchronization History
- System Activity Report
Accessing Xero Integration Settings
1. Login to DEAR Systems.
2. Navigate to Integration > Settings.
The Integration Settings page will be displayed.
NOTE: In this article, we are discussing only the new features. So for more information on all the features, please refer to Xero Integration.
Exporting Attachments to Xero
All the existing sales and purchase attachments from DEAR can be exported to Xero. Once you access the Xero integration settings page, you can enable or disable the option for exporting all attachments to Xero.
If the option, Export Attachments to Xero is set to YES, then all the existing attachments from DEAR will be exported to Xero and any new attachment created will be uploaded to Xero directly. If it is set to NO, then attachments from DEAR will not be exported to Xero. You may please note the following points with respect to exporting attachments to DEAR.
- When you authorise an invoice, all the sale orders or purchase attachments will be exported along with the authorized invoice into Xero.
- When you add a new attachment to a sale order or purchase with authorized invoice, a new entry will be created in the Sync History and the attachment is exported into Xero.
- When you create a new Advance Sale with several invoices and several attachments, all the attachments will be exported to each invoice in Xero.
- Once you add an attachment to Xero, it cannot be deleted.
Exporting Purchase Orders to Xero
All the existing purchase orders from DEAR can be exported to Xero. Once you access the Xero integration settings page, you can enable or disable the option for exporting all purchase orders to Xero.
If the option, Export Purchase Orders to Xero is set to YES, then all the existing purchase orders from DEAR will be exported to Xero on synchronization. If it is set to NO, then purchase orders from DEAR will not be exported to Xero on synchronization.
Automatic Synchronization with XERO
You can synchronize all the changes that you make in DEAR Inventory automatically by setting this feature to On.
- If Autosynchronization is set to OFF – no settings are displayed.
- If Autosynchronization is set to ON – the Autosynchronization settings screen will be displayed.
Autosynchronization settings configuration:
1. Start Date - Select the date from when you want to begin synchronization automatically.
2. Start Time - Enter the time from when you want to begin synchronization automatically.
3. Frequency - Select the frequency, for which you want the synchronization to happen automatically, from the dropdown list.
4. Alert Type for Errors - Select how you want to be notified when there is an error in auto synchronization.
- If Email is selected, the mailing list field will be displayed. with text box, that allow to set up a recipients from mailing lists.Select the email addresses, from the mailing list, to which you want to receive the auto sync error alerts, from the dropdown list.
- If Internal is selected, all the auto sync errors will be shown in the notification tab of the DEAR system.
Viewing status of Synchronization Transaction
1. Navigate to Integrations > Xero > Sync Now in the header.
The Xero Synchronization page will be displayed.
All the synchronization transactions will be displayed, along with the respective status.
Viewing Synchronization History
1. In the Xero Synchronization page, click "See Sync history" in the XERO dropdown menu in the header.
2. The Xero Synchronization History page will be displayed.
System Activity Report
1. Login to Dear Systems.
2. Navigate to Reports > System Activity Report.
The System Log Report page will be displayed.
3. Changes in the autosynchronization parameters will be displayed in the System Log Report.
Click Refresh to refresh the system activity report and the updated information will be displayed.
Type DATE or TYPE or USER NAME in the search field to search for a particular system log report.