This article highlights the advanced integration features between DEAR and Xero.
Table of Contents:
- Exporting Attachments to Xero
- Automatic Synchronisation with XERO
- Viewing Sync Transaction Status and History
- System Activity Report
- DEAR / Xero Reconciliation Report
Exporting Attachments to Xero
With this option toggled to Yes, all existing sales and purchase attachments within DEAR are exported to Xero during synchronisation. If you do not want these attachments exported to Xero, do not turn on this option.
- Navigate to the Xero Integration Settings page.
- Toggle Export attachments to Xero to Yes.
- Click Save Changes.
- Upon authorising an invoice, all attachments attributed to existing Sales and Purchases are exported to Xero along with the authorised invoice.
- When a new attachment is attributed to a sale order or purchase along with an authorised invoice, the new attachment is immediately exported to Xero.
- When a new Advanced Sale is created with several invoices and several attributed attachments, all the attachments are exported to each invoice in Xero.
Once an attachment has been exported to Xero, deletion of the attachment in either DEAR or Xero will not be synchronised – the attachment will not be deleted in the other system. If you want to delete a synchronised attachment, you must delete the attachment manually on both sides.
Automatic Synchronisation with XERO
You can set up synchronisation of changes in DEAR Inventory to Xero at a convenient time by enabling and setting up Auto-Sync.
To set up Auto-Sync:
- Navigate to the Xero Integration Settings page.
- Toggle the Auto-synchronisation option to Yes.
- In the Auto-sync section, select the start date, start time, and frequency of synchronisation.
- Select the alert type for when errors are detected during synchronisation. If you choose Email, go to Step 5. If you choose Internal, you will be informed of the errors via a red button on the Notification icon on top – skip to Step 6.
- Enter the mailing list to which the alert will be sent.
- Click Save.
- A manual synchronisation should not be performed during scheduled system maintenance. The sync will not be triggered, and the auto-sync will be postponed until the next scheduled time.
- When an Auto-sync is triggered, only the pending records to time will be synced, any previously failed records will not be synced.
- Users are unable to manually sync while an auto-sync is in progress. Auto-sync cannot be started while manual sync is running. Only one synchronisation operation can be in process at any one time.
Viewing Sync Transaction Status and History
To view status and history of sync transactions, navigate to Integrations -> Xero -> Sync Now or See Sync History. You can then view the transactions on the Xero Synchronisation page.
All the synchronisation transactions are displayed along with their respective status. You may further narrow down the results by Entity or Status using the Filter function on the top right.
To view the sync history, click on the Sync history link that appears under Synchronisation status.
System Activity Report
This report is available for users to know precisely when and at what time the sync took place, and the type of sync performed (manual or auto-sync). Any changes made to the auto-synchronisation parameters are also displayed on the report.
To generate the System Activity report:
- Log on to DEAR Systems.
- Navigate to Reports -> System Activity Report.
To refresh the report and view the most recent synchronisation logs on the screen, click the Refresh button.
You can also use Search to filter the report by date, type, or user name.
DEAR / Xero Reconciliation Report
A reconciliation report between DEAR and Xero makes the business more transparent and allows you to see if the transactions tally between the two systems.
NOTE: To receive this report, you must set up an account number and define the month and year in Xero.
To generate the DEAR/Xero reconciliation report:
- Navigate to Reports -> Financial reports -> Reconciliation with Xero.
- On the Xero Reconciliation Summary page, the default start and end dates are set to the current Month and Year, i.e. 01/01/2019 - 01/31/2019. Change these dates to suit your requirements. Below are a few samples on how to configure the start and end dates:
- To generate a report covering a period of two months or more, change the dates as necessary, i.e. 08/01/2018 - 09/31/2018.
- To generate a report covering previous years, change the dates as necessary, i.e. 08/01/2017 - 09/31/2018.
- NOTE: Xero Reconciliation Detailed Report can only be generated for a maximum period of 1 month. Xero Reconciliation Summary Report has no limit.
- Select the accounts to be covered in the report. To select all accounts, check the left-uppermost box on the grid. You may also select individually from the accounts on the list.
- Click the Reconcile button to generate the report.
To refresh the report, click the Update button. To navigate between the records shown on the report, use the navigation bar at the bottom.
- If there are no differences in account information between DEAR and Xero, you will be notified that the accounts are fully reconciled.
- If there are differences found between DEAR and Xero, the report will send the following to the selected email address:
- DEAR object (invoice, journal, credit note, etc.) – clicking the document number displays the corresponding page for the document in DEAR
- DEAR object cost
- Xero object (invoice, journal, credit note, etc.) – clicking the document number displays the corresponding page for the document in Xero
- Xero object cost.
- Documents that only exist in either DEAR or Xero will have a status of Missed.
- Documents that are fully matched in DEAR and Xero are not shown in this report.
- The Xero API has a limit of 5000 calls per day. Depending on the number of transactions, generating this report may use a significant portion of your daily limit of API calls to Xero.
- If Xero is integrated with DEAR, this report can also be viewed from the Balance Sheet report.