Note: You will first need to set up a Product Discount template before setting up Product Deals, see below for more details.
Types of Product Discount Values
Discount amount – all prices will be reduced by this Amount, e.g. ‘$10 off all stock’ campaign
% Discount– all prices will be reduced by the percent specified, e.g. ‘10% off all stock’ campaign
Markup Amount – all prices will be increased by this Amount.
% Markup – all prices will be increased by the percent specified.
Price Override –this Amount will be used as new price for the product.
Flat Amount – product total cost will be this Amount.
Buy X or more units and receive $ or % off per unit there on after.
- If order exceeds $X, customer will get free shipping.
Creating Product Discount Template
1. Go to Settings > Reference Books > Click Product Discounts.
2. Enter Discount Name - this is an internal name that you can use to keep track of your discounts.
3. Select Type - Can be Simple, Quantity Based & Free shipping. See Product Discount Values above for full description.
4. Select DiscountType - In this example we will set up a simple discount. Discount Types available for simple discounts are Discount amount
% Discount, Markup Amount, % Markup, Price Override & Flat Amount. See here for Quantity Based Discounts & Free Shipping.
5. Click Save.
Note: Once discount template is set up you can apply it at the following levels:
B) Customer Group
C) Individual Customer
A ) Assigning Discounts at Product Level
1. Go to Inventory > Products > View All and select a product you would like to apply a discount to.
2. From the drop down select the discount you would like applied to this product then click Save.
B ) Assigning Discounts at Customer Group Level
Within the Product screen go to Discounts Tab and start listing all tags. For example all customers with the tag ' Wholesale ' will receive a 10% Discount.
C ) Assigning Discounts at Individual Customer Level
Within the Product screen go to Discounts Tab and select a customer from the drop down you want to sell this product at a discount to. Then select the Discount type to be applied to this customer.
Taking a look at how discount is shown when raising a Sale:
Go to Sale > Orders > New Sale
When the Customer is chosen that this product is sold at a discount to, press the 'Apply Discounts' button for the system to check if any discounts can be found.
If a discount exists you will be shown which type of discount has been applied and price will be reduced automatically.
Note: Now that you have set up a product discount template you can incorporate it into Product Deals.