Returning a Sale
- See DEAR POS - Getting Started and Information
You can only complete a return on fully paid sales (including fully paid on Account Sales and layby sales). A return will not be processed on Open on Account or layby sales OR existing return transactions.
To process a return:
- Navigate to Sell > Sales History screen
- Select the sale you would like to return. NOTE: You can locate the sale by typing in receipt number or customer name in the search bar.
- Once the sale is located, click Return to continue.
- If there is no customer attached to the original sale, you will be asked to add a customer to the return here. Add a generic customer if you wish to process random returns.
Choose if you want to refund cash or give store credit.
NOTE: if the amount was paid by credit card you will have the credit card refund option available.
- Once Refund is processed you will get a confirmation message as per below.