QuickBooks Online Common Errors
My Quantity tracking in QuickBooks Online is turned off however there are still duplicate COGS entries posted in QuickBooks Online?
The inventory type products previously tracked in QuickBooks Online remain tracked even after the tracking is turned off. In order to rectify the issue, the old products need to be deleted and new products created.
To delete the QuickBooks Online products:
- Navigate to the product list in QuickBooks Online and make all products either inactive, deleted or non-inventory
- Once this is done please let us know so we can unlink the QuickBooks Online catalog on the back end). Do NOT re-sync with QuickBooks Online until you hear back from us.
The COGS transactions that you see posted as part of the invoice are QuickBooks Online generated and need to be fixed manually. The easiest way is to create a reversing manual journal for such items.
What will happen when you delete all products from QuickBooks Online:
We will re-set your product export with QuickBooks Online so that all current products in DEAR will be re-exported to QuickBooks Online on your next sync.
To avoid any issues:
- First check that all your QuickBooks Online products are currently in DEAR.
- Delete all products in QuickBooks Online.
- When you delete products in QuickBooks Online it is automatically renamed and this will allow you to recreate another product with the same name.
- All products in DEAR will be recreated in QuickBooks Online by DEAR when we give you the go ahead to re-sync.