The system creates backorders when:
- A sale order with non-sufficient stock is authorized
- A new assembly order with non-sufficient stock is authorized.
In order to be able to use the backorder stock feature you will need to specify a supplier for the product.
If the product has been previously purchased all suppliers are stored in the Supplier tab and you will be able to select the supplier you would like to place an order with.
If you have assembled the product you can also use this module to create a new assembly order for the product.
To reorder backordered stock you will need to:
- Navigate to:
Purchase > Reorder Backordered Stock
- On the open screen you are able to select a customer to fulfill their sale order
- Specify a product tag to filter the product you would like to order
- Select a supplier you would like to place an order with (or select all suppliers)
- The system will generate the list of all reorder options available
- You are able to select only those items you wish to order, change reorder quantity or price if needed
- Click on the Reorder button
The system will inform you about the purchase order (or finished goods order) task created and you will be able to click on the link to open the purchase order and process it.