This feature allows you to automatically create sale invoices for your customers at set intervals.
Recurring invoices can be set up for both new invoices that are created in the system and for invoices that have already been authorized and processed.
To create a recurring invoice:
- Navigate to New Sale
- Upon selecting the customer, most of the information will automatically be filled
- Navigate to recurring task and tick the tick box
- Provide a recurring frequency, such as weekly, fortnightly, monthly, quarterly, half-yearly, or annually.
- We're going to select a monthly recurring frequency which will automatically generate the next invoice using the invoice date of this particular sale.
- Specify sale order lines and provide a quantity.
- Then authorize the order, which will then allow us to produce an invoice to the customer, which will need to be authorized.
- This invoice date will be used to automatically calculate the next invoice date using the recurring frequency specified.
- The next invoice that will be generated will be for the 25th of November, 2014 in this instance.
- We will be able to see this invoice within the Recurring Invoices module by navigating to the Sale module and selecting Recurring Invoices.
- We can now view the recurring invoice which is created with a monthly frequency and the next invoice date which is the 25th of November, 2014, exactly one month ahead of the original invoice that was created.
- Within this Recurring Invoices section, you can view a list of all recurring invoices and you have the ability to generate these invoices prior to the next invoice date.
For example: If today was the 1st of November, 2014 and I wanted to get this invoice out earlier than its next invoice date, which is the 25th of November. I can select that invoice and click the Create Invoices button, which will automatically create the sale task and provide me with a link to view that sale task. You should only use this function in cases where you need to generate an invoice prior to this next invoice date. Otherwise, the system will automatically create these invoices for you.
To view the invoice that has been created for us:
- Click the link then view the details associated with the sale task by expanding the document header.
- If we are happy with this sale order, we will need to authorize it and that will give us the ability to produce an invoice for the customer.
- Authorize the invoice then it can either be printed or emailed to the customer.
The recurring invoice function can also be used for existing invoices that have already been authorized and processed in the system.
To do this simply:
- Navigate to the Sale module and select View All. In this table, we'll need to select a past invoice that has already been authorized and processed in the system.
- We will need to expand the document header and then select the Recurring Task option.
- We'll also need to provide a recurring frequency.
Because this is a past invoice with an invoice date on the 27th of April 2014 and the current date is the 25th of October, this means that the next invoice that should have been generated for the 27th of May will now be generated for October. The reason for this is that DEAR Inventory cannot create invoices in the past. It can only create invoices with an invoice date that is in the future.
When we save this invoice, we'll be able to navigate to the Recurring Invoices module. Within the Recurring Invoices module we'll be able to see the new invoice will be generated with the date of the 27th of October, 2014 rather than May because today’s date is already past the 27th of May.
If required you are also able to change the next invoice date.