If you are a Xero Accounting application user, you have the ability to add payments to supplier invoices in Xero or in DEAR Inventory and then synchronize this information between two systems.
If you are a QuickBooks online user, you only have the option of adding payments within QuickBooks and then synchronizing over to DEAR Inventory to apply to relevant invoices.
Before you are able to apply payments in DEAR Inventory, you will need to make sure that you have set up the right payment parameters and that payments created in DEAR Inventory are pushed out to Xero. You can do that by navigating to the Integration module and then navigating to Xero.
To apply the bulk payment:
- Navigate to the Purchase module and select Bulk Payment under the Suppliers heading.
- Within the Bulk Payment screen, you will need to first select the supplier.
- You will be notified of the currency this supplier uses.
- You will then be able to select the period you would like to view for the invoices that are due.
- Click Show Due Invoices button.
- You will then need to enter in an Amount that will be paid to the supplier.
- You can view the total amount due to the supplier in the table below.
- If the currency of the supplier is different to your own base currency, you will also be required to provide a Conversion Rate and then select a Payment Date.
- Then you have the option to provide a Reference and select an Account from which the payment will be made within Xero.
Currently, the figure outstanding in the image below is $4,759.74. I have the option to manually specify an amount that will be paid to each of the invoices by clicking on Pay Amount and typing in the amount I wish to pay.
E.g. The total due amount is $4,759.74 however I only want to pay $759.74. I will then type in $759.74 in the Pay Amount tab and will have an outstanding amount of $4000 left.
I can also double click on the Over Due tab this will automatically fill the Pay Amount with $4,759.74 and there will be no outstanding amount left. Simply click the Pay button to confirm payment.
The payment transaction would then be created for Xero and I'm able to synchronize that payment transaction by hovering the mouse over Xero Sync and the company name and then clicking the Sync Now button.