Inventory Write Off
The Inventory Write Off module has two uses:
- To write off inventory which has been lost, stolen, damaged, given away or used internally.
- To assign inventory or services costs to a particular job when used in conjunction with the Job Costing module.
NOTE: Non-inventory products are not available for write-off.
To create a new Issue to Production:
- Navigate to Production -> New -> Inventory Write Off.
- Identify the Location where stock will be written off.
- Select the relevant expense account.
- When used in conjunction with the Job Costing module, the expense account should be an expense sub-account dedicated to the job in question.
- To add a product or service to be written off, click the + Product/Service button and then select the relevant product or service from your inventory.
- Identify the Quantity which will be written off
- Complete the Issue to Production. This will write off the cost of the inventory to the selected expense account.
In the case of job costing, the expense will be written off to the job sub-account.
You can view all Issues to Production by navigating to Production -> Inventory Write Off.