There are two possible scenarios for partial stock received:
- Separate invoice for each delivery
- Single invoice for multiple deliveries.
Scenario 1 – Separate Invoice for Each Delivery
You have created a purchase order and sent it to your supplier. The supplier has started the delivery however cannot fulfill the entire order and instead will make multiple partial deliveries.
In this case you will need to receive items and process multiple invoices. Key assumption in this scenario is that every delivery has a separate invoice.
These are the steps that are required to process multiple invoices for a single purchase order:
- Create original Purchase Order e.g. for 10 different items.
- Supplier delivers only 6 items out of 10.
- Use Stock Received tab to receive only 6 items. Delete data you haven't received by clicking on Trash Icon. Do not make quantity zero.
- Complete Invoice for 6 items only and Authorize the Invoice.
- Use the Clone function and select ‘Clone Keep PO #' link. DEAR will automatically calculate the difference in inventory between the Purchase Order and Invoice and will create a new Invoice for the 4 remaining items to be delivered in future.
- If next time the Supplier delivers only 3 out of 4 and will deliver the remaining item at a later date, you will need to repeat steps 2-4.
Scenario 2 – Single Invoice for Multiple Deliveries
You have created a purchase order and sent it to the supplier. The supplier has started the delivery however cannot fulfill the entire order and instead will make multiple partial deliveries.
The invoice is included with the first delivery. There may be multiple deliveries with a single invoice however you need to receive items that have been delivered.
Key assumption in this scenario is that there is a single invoice per purchase order and multiple deliveries.
- Create Purchase Order.
- Process the invoice by entering details in the Invoice tab and Authorize.
- Start processing Received goods. Tick Received checkbox only on the items delivered and Save order.
- Next delivery tick other set of items and Save order.
- Authorize Received tab only when all items have been received for the Purchase Order.
Saving the stock received rather than authorizing in this scenario allows you to keep the purchase order open while also allowing you to use the stock that you received in manufacturing or for sale purposes.