If you ever need to update/fix a product’s physical quantities you can use the Adjustments and Stocktake feature in DEAR Inventory to perform these changes. Adjustments could be due to damaged stock, data entry error etc.
Inventory tab > Adjustments & Stocktakes
There are three types of Adjustments and Valuations a user might need to perform:
- Edit existing stock quantity
- Add new stock
- Revalue existing stock
To make a Stock Adjustment:
- Click on New Stock Adjustment under Adjustments and Stocktakes in the Inventory module.
Edit Existing Stock
- Click on Non-Zero stock on hand Product to add a new line and specify the stock that needs adjustment.
- Click the SKU or Product Name field’s dropdown list box to select the product you want adjusted or type in the product SKU or Name or the exact Batch/Serial Number or Barcode to start searching for the available stock.
- User will see the Location, quantity On Hand and number of Available stock for each product.
Add New Stock
If a product has zero quantity on hand in DEAR it won't populate in the existing stock section. All zero quantity items should be added in Zero stock on hand Product section.
- Click ‘Zero stock on hand Product’ to add a new line and specify the product that needs to be added.
- Select the Location where the new stock is located
- Click the SKU or Product Name field’s dropdown list box to select the product you want added or type in the product SKU or Name or the exact Batch/Serial Number or Barcode to start searching for the available items.
- Add Quantity and Unit Cost.
If for some products quantity available is correct but cost is wrong that means that the user needs to revalue the existing stock.
This is a two-step procedure:
- Write off existing stock by entering zero quantity in New Quantity in 'Edit existing stock' section.
- Add new stock with the same quantity and location but correct unit cost in 'Add new stock' section.
After all products are added click the Save button. You can also save Stock Adjustment any time if you wish to leave the stock adjustment and finish it later.
Stock Adjustment is now saved. To mark the Stock Adjustment complete, click Complete.
After the stock adjustment is complete you will be able to see the transaction generated by the stock adjustment and ready to be synchronized over to the accounting application as a manual journal entry.
If the stock adjustment was not a real stock adjustment, if you were simply amending an error which was created during the data import or simply an error that was created when transacting, you have the ability to skip this transaction from going over to the accounting app, by selecting the status skipped and then synchronizing.
User has the option to Undo or Print to PDF this Stock Adjustment. Clicking Undo will reverse all Stock Adjustment transactions and change ‘Completed’ Status to ‘Draft’.
To Print Stock Adjustment to PDF, click on ‘Print’ button then ‘Stock Adjustment’
Sample Stock Adjustment in PDF:
Stock Adjustment Report is customizable in the Settings module ’Manage Document Templates’. Simply download the template to your computer, update the MS Word template, and then upload back to DEAR Systems.