search-icon

Implemented
B2B Portal - Allow users to use credit account when they checkout

started a topic over 4 years ago

Request:
When a customer is using a B2B portal and has an account (IE: Payment terms) attached to their customer record, display their remaining balance on their credit account as a payment option in the b2b checkout and allow them to use that payment method to check out on the B2B portal. 

Note: 
  1. If the customer is on credit hold then disallow that option. 
  2. If the customer does not have a credit account (ie: payment before delivery), do not display an option at all.
  3. Some logic might be appropriate if the customer is over credit limit, but still within duration (ie: allow order/provide pay down balance/hold
  4. if the customer has a credit memo, this would also be displayed as an use option

Use Case:
This would stop customer that have credit accounts from not being able to place orders via the B2B platform, in order to use their account. Additionally, this would provide customers who want to reorder but are over balance/overdue to resolve their account by contacting AccountsReceivable.

1 person likes this idea
  • Hi  Chris Bradley,

It's my pleasure to take your ticket into account and analysis further in terms of the required changes that needs to be done. I wasn't quite clear on the following two statements that you have mentioned above. And would you kindly give me further details on these.

1. Some logic might be appropriate if the customer is over credit limit, but still within duration (ie: allow order/provide pay down balance/hold)
    2. if the customer has a credit memo, this would also be displayed as an use option

Await to hear from you back!

Thanks much!

Sincerely, 

The DEAR Team

• Hi Leoni, 

Thanks for replying back so quickly, with regards to my notes please see comments below in point form. 

1. Credit Logic

If a customer has a credit limit of $2000, with available credit of $1000 (and they aren't on credit hold, an option to use their credit account within the checkout on the b2bportal should be provided. Ideally, this would also display the remaining balance on the account as well. If a customer say has used all their credit account balance, or are on credit hold. The option should be removed and some alerts based on the reason should be provided. 
    2. Credit Memo

Ideally, the credit memo would be allowed to be used as a payment method on the b2bportal. Potentially this would be an alternative option (like stripe/paypal/etc) which follows the same logic as the credit account. I think this might be hard if someone has a $10 credit on a $1000 order as you would then need to split pay single orders. 

I have also attached a quick flowchart (apologies for the roughness) to give you an bit of an indication of the logic. 

Rgds,

Chris

pdf
  • Hi Cris Bradley,

Thanks for your prompt reply as well. 

Your comments and the sketch on the flow was indeed much helpful for me to understand the request better. We will keep you posted if there is any further updates on this feature request.

Thanks Much!

Sincerely, 

The DEAR Team

• I really want to follow up on this request. its a pretty large limitation that the b2b portal doesnt allow this functionally, and is something that will effect useable on this channel. 

• Hi Chris Bradley,

Hope you are doing well. We are happy to inform you that we have made this improvement to B2B portal a while back. 

Click Here is the link to more details on the release 

Please feel free to contact us if you have any further questions.

Thanks much!

Regards,

Leoni

• Hi Leoni, 

Thanks for the update, I actually think the release hasn't done what I was expecting. 

I was hoping that the option would display if the customer has a credit limit on their account and isn't overdue. IE: customer would be able to use the limit. I have attached a customer record screenshot. 

On Top of this, I think with integration such has PencilPay, the ability to control who sees on account options is important to align with credit application procedures. 

Login or Signup to post a comment

1 person likes this idea