search-icon

Implemented
Report Scheduling - Improvement in notifications module

started a topic almost 6 years ago

I got really excited when i discovered the new notifications module allowed you to schedule reports to send to a specific mailing list.

However after trialing it out, the system only allows you to use one report type once (I could understand more if it was per layout) to be scheduled (which i believe is an oversight), so when tying to create another report layout to be scheduled i discovered this is not possible. e.g. Sales and Invoice report - which i am sure is one a lot of companies use in various formats.

It would be great if you could amend the system to enable us to have multiple of the same type of reports scheduled, with different layout. We want to be able to send a report each day to our sales reps (by individual sales rep) but we don't want them to see all of the other reps data.

Many thanks,

Cheryl

img2.png
(40.7 KB)
img1.png
(30.2 KB)

4 people like this idea
  • Yes the report feature feels like an afterthought at the moment. I can't recommend paying for it.

For instance, a very limited set of reports are available for REPORT SCHEDULING. The reports available are arbitrary and do not correspond to the top 5 most used reports in DEAR. It would seem that making all reports available under REPORT SCHEDULING would be not only easy to implement, but it would make the core of the notifications module actually useful for upselling.

My subscription is coming up for renewal, and frankly , at this time I am likely not going to not renew this module.

• Hi All,

We are pleased to inform you that we have implemented and released the above suggested feature and you can find further details on the same from the following release note. 

https://dearsystems.com/new-release-9th-june-2019-new-improvements-to-dear-purchase-sales-module-inventory-module-dear-templates-dear-reports-dear-integration-dear-pos-and-more/ 

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need further assistance.

Sincerely, 

The DEAR Team

Login or Signup to post a comment

4 people like this idea