search-icon

Implemented
Linking Sales orders to Purchase Orders

started a topic almost 6 years ago

Dear users need to be able to link a Sales order to a Purchase order and report on this.

Currently the only workaround for this is to use drop shipping and this does not allow fulfillment activities in the Sales Order.

Please can you consider adding this link between items on the sales order and which purchase order they were ordered in

8 people like this idea
  • Hello,

We are pleased to inform that we are planning to add the above to the Development roadmap. Please check the Development roadmap periodically for updates.

Sincerely,
    The DEAR Team

4 people like this
  • Hi Rodney, 

Any idea when we can expect this feature? 

Thanks. 

1 person likes this
  • Hi all

Reorder Backordered functionality now links purchase orders created for specific backordred sales. We also have automatic notification  that informs users that backordered orders  received

Regards

DEAR Team

• Hi DEAR, we created a backorder sale. How to link it to an existing purchase order?

3 people like this
  • Yes I have the same question. 

You can create a reorder backorder. However, I cant see anything from the sales order passing through to the purchase. Order line item comments , Sales order comments are not passed through, and at the same time there were no link visible.

Can you please let me know if I have missed anything.

Thanks

2 people like this
  • I thought it was just me. I can not see the link either. What are we missing.

1 person likes this
  • Hi Guys, 

Any updates on this? I dont see how you have marked this as implemented.

I have create couple of SO and converted the SO to a PO using Reorder/Back ordered. 

1. Sales order line comments didnt come through to the PO.

2. There is no SO reference on the PO

3. There is no visible link on the PO, to see if a SO is linked

4. No order memo or SO comment copied through to the PO.

5.Logs and attributes has no link to the SO.

I would expect all of the above to happen when you link a SO to a PO. None of the above mentioned is visible on the PO. Infact there is not even a link on the SO. 

Can you please explain what you have done so far?? 

Thanks..

2 people like this
  • DEAR support are not answering our questions which means linking an SO to a PO (which is the subject of this thread), is not possible.

1 person likes this
  • DEAR support previous comment (see image) is not related to this thread which created confusion from my side!
  • Why hasn't this been implemented? Sounds pretty obvious to be done for reporting purposes?

• Hi DEAR,
    I would like to humbly ask if link for PO and SO are being implemented?
    If yes, can I ask for assistant on this please?
    Thank you.

• As the originator of this request, please can I ask for clarity in the functionality. Can you post a knowledge-base link for us please.

2 people like this
  •  This is so frustrating, why isn't Dear responding to this.

It is a massive change that needs to be implemented. I'm assuming it's been ignored because it has already being marked as done.

Maybe we should start another thread?

1 person likes this
  • Hi Everyone,

Apologies for the delayed response. This feature is incorporated to the system and takes place when you use Reorder Backordered function to generate PO based on backordered sales. However there are no visible changes in the application end (which means you will see no links in the application end to the Sales page from PO page), and that is because a single PO can be linked to multiple sales with combined quantities on the same product. However if you run the "Find Sale Backorder by Purchase Order Report" in the reporting module, you will be able to find the PO and the corresponding SO to it and many details within that report related to the PO and SO. 

Hope this information would suffice. Please don't hesitate to revert back if you need further clarifications

Best Regards,

DEAR TEAM

1 person likes this
Login or Signup to post a comment

8 people like this idea