search-icon

HS Tarrif / Harmonization Code

started a topic almost 6 years ago

I use dear to integrate to both Shoify and ShipStation. Both of those platforms offer a field for the customs export code, in Shopify it's call an HS Tarrif Code and in ShipStation a Harmonization code. It would be nice to have this field added to the products in Dear and allow it sync between the two (and maybe more) platforms.

Please add the country or origin of product too.

35 people like this idea
  • Hi DEAR team,

I'd like to second this request.

Actually, because of a change in legislation, Royal Mail in the UK will start mandating pushing more data for each shipment shipped with Royal Mail, starting January 2018.

The HS Tarrif code will be one of the data demanded by Royal Mail.

So please consider adding this field for all products. Shopify already has it implemented.

Many thanks!

• I use ADDITIONAL ATTRIBUTES for HS codes

1 person likes this
  • That's a good hack but it would be better if the system had a dedicated field that synced with Shopify and ShipStation. Both of those services have supported HS codes for years!

2 people like this
  • We considered Additional Attributes as well, so we can add the data in customs invoices.

But that won't work for integrations like Shopify and Shipstation.

I think that DEAR will have to add the HS codes at some point since they start being demanded by couriers.

1 person likes this
  • Please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please,please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please,please, please, please, please,please, please, please, please,please, please, please, please,please, please, please, please,
    DO THIS. :-)
    I have been using both ShipStation and StarShipIt and the field is available in both and in fact compulsory in some circumstances when using eParcel to the US etc. It is available in Shopify and probably any other ecommerce platforms. Has to be. You cant fulfil internationally automatically without it.
    Having to open and edit each item of an order in StarShipIt to add the HS Code manually is nuts.
    Please also add "Country of origin". Same thing.  This has become an issue in the book industry with books going into the US from China. Their tariff situation means US Customs want to know the Country of Origin.
    With these fields flowing through customs forms can be done automatically. Without life if painful and computers are meant to do stupid repetitive tasks not me. PLEASE, PLEASE DO THIS.

• Hello Dear Support,

It looks like the UK is going to have a hard Brexit and any product sent out to Europe will now need a lot of paperwork to be prepared. We will be ask to add the country of origin and commodity (HS) codes. We urgently need these fields to be added in order to be ready.

Please add them!

3 people like this
  • I'm a UK customer too and we expect a lot of trouble. These two fields would really help.

Can't believe it's been 2 years since this topic was opened. :)

1 person likes this
  •  I can't believe it was not part of the original spec.  Foundational to an inventory system I would have thought. Please do this.  Do it soon. Do it yesterday.....  Please, please, please x a lot. ;-)

• I agree this is a very good idea. We require this for export also In Australia. 

1 person likes this
  •  We sure do.

• Our fulfilment company is wasting lots of time inputting commodity codes into Royal Mail and DPD.  We really need this. 

• This is very urgent with Brexit. 

• This is very urgent for us with Brexit. 

• The workaround for this that we use is adding the commodity/HS Codes into one of the attribute fields, we use another for country of origin.  You can pull these attribute fields over to Shipstation.  We also, made a template that generates a commercial invoice using these attributes to make generating commercial invoices much easier in January.

Login or Signup to post a comment

35 people like this idea