search-icon

Planned
Marketing automation integrations

started a topic over 6 years ago

It's time to connect the customer and sales functionality in DEAR with a marketing automation system. 

DEAR customers need to segment and target and connect with their customers based on purchase history along with typical marketing automation inputs (eg, website visits, emails engagement).

There are a many marketing automation options, but for small businesses I'd like to see Mautic (the open source option) and Hubspot (arguably the leader in SMB). Both have some basic CRM functionality as a bonus.

I have a lots of experience in this area and would be happy to talk more.

Please make it happen!

7 people like this idea
  • HubSpot integration would be great!  I have clients using HubSpot that would love to have it integrated with DEAR.

4 people like this
  • Would love to see a hubspot integration as well, even something basic with deals and contact sync.

1 person likes this
  • Hubspot integration would be very beneficial for us! 

• Hello,

We are pleased to inform that we are planning to add the above to the Development roadmap. Please check the Development roadmap periodically for updates.

Sincerely,
    The DEAR Team

4 people like this
  • Awesome, really keen to see hubSpot and DEAR integration

• Hi Brian

Could you please list down what data elements should be synced between 2 systems ? We are at the stage of identifying requirements and input is important.

Regards

DEAR team

• Hi DEAR Team,

I think DEAR knows two things that marketing automation (MA) systems would have trouble learning on their own, and therefore are most important to be synced.

(1) Sales. Companies want to use MA systems to continually engage and nurture customers, lower churn, promote products, and drive sales (not dissimilar to DEAR focusing on SaaS metrics like churn and LTV). DEAR sending sales data to MA systems solves many use cases, eg, engaging customers who have bought in x months; engaging customers differently if they're big spenders vs small spenders, or frequently buyers vs infrequent buyers; creating customer segments based on past sales; and so on. To address these I think you need to sync things like sales date, amount, line items, credit notes, sales channel (portal or direct), etc.

(2) Customer account & contact info. Keeping DEAR in sync with a CRM / MA system would be a HUGE help. Sometimes customers are entered into DEAR first and need to sent to the MA system, sometimes the opposite. Sometimes updates are made in one or the other and need to be shared. And not just customer contact info, but things like who is the sales rep for the account.

I hope that's helpful. Let's schedule a short call if you'd like to talk more.

PS. I previously listed Mautic, but that work seems to have stalled. My personal opinion for others to target are HubSpot, ActiveCampaign, Mailchimp, and you can't avoid Salesforce. 

PPS. I currently use Zapier to send some sales data to ActiveCampaign. It's not great, but it's start.

1 person likes this
  • Please also consider Mautic. It is open source.

• This integration has been done and released for Hubspot. It is super inconsistent and flaky. 

• Hi Jonathan,

Thank you for your feedback. We are currently looking into the issues conveyed to us. 

We will get back to you soon when we are done with the fixes. 

Best Regards

Heshan - DEAR Systems

1 person likes this
Login or Signup to post a comment

7 people like this idea