search-icon

Implemented
More options to put a customer on Credit Hold

started a topic over 6 years ago

If understand correctly, the only way to place a customer on Credit Hold/Stop Credit is for them to reach their credit limit.

However, reaching credit limit is not the only reason a customer may be placed on Credit Hold.

So the current workaround suggested by Dear is to change their status from Active to Deprecated, however this could indicate they are an obsolete customer.

It would be great if we could have the ability to perform either/both of the following additional methods for Credit Hold:

• Have a simple check box on the customer's Dear profile which puts them on Credit Hold, and disallows adding/fulfilling/shipping/processing new and existing Sales Orders or Invoices. Ideally you would be able to set User permissions as to who has the ability to Edit the Credit Hold status of a Customer
  • Along the same lines as the credit limit function, create a rule whereby when the Customer has outstanding amounts overdue (which is determined by their payment terms) they are put onto Credit Hold, until payment has been made. With the 2-way sync in Xero this could work really well. Ideally you would be able to have an editable 'grace period' from when the customer reaches overdue to when Dear puts them on Credit Hold... e.g. overdue by X days.. the X should be customisable in General Settings

18 people like this idea
  • Last week I noticed that our Credit Limit feature is not working. Assuming this was linked to/caused by the Grace Period feature (currently set to 21 days) I did some testing with it just now. Confirmed, they don't co-exist.

Scenario is: 

Grace period set to 21 days

Customer is already over their limit with oldest invoice 15 days overdue. Nothing is blocking or warning the Sales Team of the account being over it's limit, they are processing new orders entirely unaware of the status of the account.

Reduced Grace Period to 10 days, no change, tried 5 days also and no change.

Reduced Grace Perido to 0 days, credit limit exceed notifications are back!

It seems the Credit Limit and Grace Period features do not work together at all. Hopefully DEAR can improve on that and make them compliment each other.

1 person likes this
  • Credit on hold for overdue accounts is our primary use for this function and as outlined in the comment by Peter Hilton, this does not work in a way that benefits our business. 

Although some businesses may not allow customers to exceed their credit limit, many welcome greater revenue per customer. This function is still important, however I believe on hold for overdue accounts would be the more widely used.

This needs to be fixxed, everything done so far is great, however when a customer is overdue, the account needs to be put on hold despite the amount they have been credited to this point. 

Also, the 'Grace Period' is a great feature for those customers who pay on 45 days or a particular day of the month, make sure you keep this feature.

Keep going with this one DEAR, you are almost there!

2 people like this
  • I have just received an email from DEAR saying this request has been implemented. The original Post by Daniel Millott requested two functions; Manual on hold tick box and Automatic on Hold when accounts are overdue. The Manual on hold tick box has been implemented and works as described by Daniel. However the auto on hold when accounts are over terms does not work, there has been no change here. 

The issue is that unless the customer is over the credit limit and over the due date, then the customer is not put on hold. The ideal function would be when the customer has not exceeded the credit limit but has an outstanding balance that is now overdue, they are also put on hold. This would be in addition to when they have exceeded their credit limit. They are two very different reasons for putting an account on hold and need to function seperately, at this point auto on hold depend on the customer also being over their credit limit.

The only thing I can think is that the function has not been implented as yet and I have tested the new function too soon. 

DEAR can you please clarify that the overdue account automated on hold function has been implemented as described by Daniel in the intial post and is not dependant on accounts exceeding the credit limit?

2 people like this
  • I echo Corry's question:

DEAR can you please clarify that the overdue account automated on hold function has been implemented as described by Daniel in the intial post and is not dependant on accounts exceeding the credit limit?

Keen to hear what has been implemented (and if/when)

1 person likes this
  • My sales team are still able to send orders to our 3PL without notification that a customer is on credit hold.
  • For those who do not know, there is an additional request for this auto on hold for overdue accounts function that we are all so eagerly waiting for, it may pay to jump over there and follow and like the rquest to gain more traction.

Please see request here:

https://support.dearsystems.com/support/discussions/topics/11000017800

• Looks like nothing has changed since my post a few months ago. If a Grace Period is set, no notifications of exceeding credit limit comes up unless they have exceeded the Grace Period also.  

1 person likes this
  • I have raised a new ticket for this here: https://dearsystems.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/149430

Please come over and support my request for atuo on hold for overdue accounts.

• Hi All,

We are happy to announce that this feature has now been developed and available in Production.

Please find the release note here: https://dearsystems.com/new-release-17th-may-2020/

Best Regards,

Heshan - DEAR Systems

1 person likes this
Login or Signup to post a comment

18 people like this idea