search-icon

Implemented
next available date for out of stock items

started a topic over 6 years ago

Would be beneficial to have a 'next available' date for out of stock items... this can be driven from the required by date on Purchase Orders.

Customers can then decide whether to back order or opt for an alternative if not available soon enough...

8 people like this idea
  • I agree.. we've just converted to Dear from Unleashed, which has this feature.. and we greatly miss it :)

Like this below. You hover over the calendar icon next to the on purchase qty and it tells you the ETA of the next shipment

1 person likes this
  • i would also like this feature on the Trade Portal so clients can know when they backorder, they would have an idea as to when the item(s) may be available.

2 people like this
  • This is a bit tricky because you need some rules. If there is 0 QOH, a PO for 50 arriving in one week and current authorised orders of 50, then all the orders would have an expected fill date of next week. But if an additional order of ten is entered, do we assume that the existing orders get priority? To avoid providing incorrect information, you need to agree on how open orders are going to be filled. 

Unleashed doesn't actually tell you the next available date, it just shows the next receipt date. What happens to that stock is unknown to Unleashed.

And what if you only fill orders when they are completely shippable: one of the existing orders may not be shipped next week because it is awaiting on stock from another order line.

I am writing a query for a client that will provide fulfilment dates for customer orders. In this case we assume orders are shipped in full, and that the priority is FIFO based on order date. They will need to make sure that bulk picking is done in this order. 

1 person likes this
  • maybe in the interim a free text area on the stock levels so that one can inform customers of when next availability is....  at the moment any customer seeing stock levels of 0 may be reluctant to place an order since they would not know why the stock might be next available.....

1 person likes this
  • I actually think both SAP B1 (I know that old legacy solution has the best version of this). It has the concept of a requested shipment date per line item. It then has a proposed delivery schedule where it locks that in at the time you place the order. It will advise if the date is not achievable and will record a proposed delivery and indicate the days delay. If you aren't happy with that you can juggle priority against other orders and see the delay impact. 

You don't need anything too fancy.  The main shift for all more advanced inventory systems is to manage requested delivery dates at a line item level and split out the requested date from what is achievable - essentially reserving available supply by known supply chain events.

I agree for the vast majority of people, just getting an indication of the next arriving purchase order will take care of 80%. 

1 person likes this
  • Yes, this would be great to have. When adding a product line you now only see available and on-hand. Confirmed incomming PO's shown with date would be great to add here.

2 people like this
  • It would already be a big improvement to see a pop-up when authorizing an order, and thereby allocating the stock, which lines are not available at the moment, and IF there is a PO for this line yes or no. If there is a PO, there is an expected incomming date, if NO PO, it means it will probably take even longer. 

1 person likes this
  • This is one of those areas that can drive us to leave. I implore the product team to stop investing in nice to have (but available elsewhere demand planning) and actually think about the business process/requirements of their customers. Their key competitors are pulling ahead and I for one will leave over this issue if I don't see progress.

1 person likes this
  • Status changed to planned! Great news!

Looking forward to it.

1 person likes this
  • Hello,

We are pleased to inform that we are planning to add the above to the Development roadmap. Please check the Development roadmap periodically for updates.

Sincerely,
    The DEAR Team

2 people like this
  • Hello Rodney,

Can you let us know what will be implemented? and when it can be expected? I checked the roadmap, but couldnt find this one. 

Thanks!

Sven

• Hi All,

We are happy to announce that this feature has now been developed and available in Production.

A new column named 'Next Delivery' is now incorporated in the 'Product Availability' page, that would display the next available dates for stocks.

Best Regards,

Heshan - DEAR Systems

•  Pretty simplistic implementation, though, unfortunately.  There's no way to deal with a PO line by line - so there's no way to indicate which items might be backordered, or for how long.  All items on the PO just get the 'required by' date...

Login or Signup to post a comment

8 people like this idea