Start a new topic

Bin Location for New Stock Transfer

We hold a large number of bulk product on pallets off site

When we create a new stock transfer and receive the stock into our warehouse, currently in DEAR multiple stock transfers are are required to place the stock into bin locations

WAREHOUSE B stock transfer 15 pallets into WAREHOUSE A

If the transfer is for 15 different SKUS then 15 different stock transfers to bin locations are need to be created.

With the stock transfer, can we SAVE the stock transfer --> email the transfer to the WAREHOUSE B --> receive the items from WAREHOUSE B and at the same time add the Bin location to were the items are stored in WAREHOUSE A --> then click COMPLETE with the bin locations recorded

This would save multiple manual stock transfers and save time while showing all locations of the SKU

4 people like this idea

Just with the above if it was based on the purchase order module were you can choose the bin location from the drop down box that would help greatly.

1 person likes this

Agree! We have just started using bins and I have to move every one of our 300+ products to their relevant Bins, At the moment I can't see any easy/efficient way of doing this other than having to do 300+ seperate stock transfers?!!!!!

Being able to choose the bin for each line item when doing a stock transfer seems logical to me and don't know why it isn't already in there?

I also Agree! I just wanted to add that it would be amazing if bins could be assigned barcodes. That way when you are moving stock around you can just scan bins and then the products. This would also be massively helpful in the stocktake and stock adjustment process.

Login or Signup to post a comment