Start a new topic

Please restore receipt handling to how it was

The recent changes to receipting are a disaster for a company that takes deposits on orders before they are shipped becasue it is no longer possible to produce a receipt for a customer payment unless an invoice is created. Like most businesses, we don't invoice a job until it is ready to ship to defer the GST liability. This is in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.

There are two problems with the current (new) functionality.

1. We don't know how much has been paid by the customer and the balance remaining to pay by looking on the screen so we can't manage the client relationship, particularly if the customer makes multiple payments over time.
  2. We can't issue a receipt to a customer for a payment anymore at the time of taking an order.

You have badly broken the user experience.. We need the above functionality restored as a matter of urgency so we can manage our business.

5 people like this idea

I agree 100%!

1 person likes this
200% agree. My accounts have been turned upside down since the new release. Struggling to understand how the new feature works and pass the info onto my team. Some release notes and tips would have been helpful at the time of such a significant change. Until that time things were working great.

Thanks for the update to the foreign currency-Xero prepayment issues I was having. Great to ave this back working as it should.

Still agree with point 1. in the original post here for lack of info on the sales home screen.

"We don't know how much has been paid by the customer and the balance remaining to pay by looking on the screen so we can't manage the client relationship, particularly if the customer makes multiple payments over time."

Assume this will be reinstated as time passes.

Login or Signup to post a comment