search-icon

Implemented
Map subdomain of B2B Portal

started a topic about 7 years ago

It would be great to be able to map the subdomain of a DEAR B2B portal to another domain other than dearportal.com.

For example, a company with the domain greatstuff.com may want to have their portal at the address portal.greatstuff.com.

**Note: If you also want to see this feature implemented, make sure you "like" this Feature Request, and/or add a comment. DEAR Inventory considers which feature requests to implement based, in part, on user interest/demand in this Feature Request forum.**

7 people like this idea
  • I see this feature request is now marked as Implemented.  Great!  Where is the documentation for this?  Thanks!!

• Any update on the timeline for ability to map the subdomain?

• Come on guys, everyone in the world allows to assign a company's own domain.  Sure you can require and SSL certificate on that domain for security or use domain  mapping or whole variety of other methods to even embedding inside of our companies website maybe in an I-frame or something

As my grandpa always said, "if there's a will there's a way"!

1 person likes this
  • Ah, II just received this response from my query via ticket support:

"The custom domain mapping is definitely a coming feature, but only for eCommerce version of the platform that we are planning, most likely it won't be available for B2B version as we cannot make it secure for personal customer info change forms like addresses, etc.'

Bummer. We're going to have to implement _another_ Wordpress frontend.

1 person likes this
  • YES YES YES!!! This is currently a deal breaker for us using the B2B portal, as branding is paramount. Regrettable, but true, since the portal offers so much so easily. I'm curious how significant a task this would be to implement, because the payoff would be YUGE!

1 person likes this
Login or Signup to post a comment

7 people like this idea