Start a new topic

Change label for new assembly "Quantity" to "Planned Quantity" -- or more features

When doing a Production > Finished Goods: New Assembly, it would be helpful to new users learning DEAR to understand that this first quantity they enter can be modified as a part of the production process from the original "Quantity" to the "Actual Yield."  One simple way to do this would be to change the "Quantity" label to "Planned Quantity" which then becomes "Actual Yield" once stock has been allocated to the production.

Addition features related to this would be to blank out the Actual Yield field and require that an entry be made by the user in order to complete the production transaction.  Blanking out the yield could be an option in General Settings, such as "Require separate entry of Actual Yield for finished goods production."

**Note: If you also want to see this feature implemented, make sure you "like" this Feature Request, and/or add a comment. DEAR Inventory considers which feature requests to implement based, in part, on user interest/demand in this Feature Request forum.**

3 people like this idea
1 Comment

I think this is an excellent idea.  When I first used DEAR, I would always hesitate to complete the production order because I was never sure when I would be able to denote the actual number of finished goods produced, Additionally, I would sometimes initially input the final finished goods quantity instead of the projected number. This caused erroneous inventory usage because the system presumed I used the correct amount of inventory to achieve my output when in fact I used what i planned, but ended with a quantity of finished goods different from my plan.

Login or Signup to post a comment