search-icon

Planned
Ability assign multiple locations for stock availability for sales channel

started a topic about 7 years ago

Currently, with the DEAR integrations with sales channels (e.g., Shopify, B2B Portal), it is only possible to select either one location or All locations using the dropdown list.  Some businesses want to be able to select multiple locations for the product availability.

Two ideas for implementing this solution:

1) Ability to select, maybe with checkboxes, multiple locations for calculating stock-on-hand availability for a sales channel.

2) Ability to create "virtual locations" to which multiple locations could be assigned.  The virtual location could then be selected by the user as the availability location for the integration.  For example, if I have WarehouseA, WarehouseB, and WarehouseC, and I want a certain sales channel's stock-on-hand availability numbers to consider both WarehouseA and WarehouseB, but not Warehouse C, I could create a virtual location called VirtualLocationX and assign WarehouseA and WarehouseB to the VirtualLocationX location.

23 people like this idea
  • A virtual warehouse would be amazing! Combining locations into a consolidated warehouse 

• Thank you for your post. I have read through some similar topics! However, your post gave me a very special impression, unlike other articles. I hope you continue to have valuable articles like these or more to share with everyone! run 3

• please please add!! 

But in the interim how do i add "all locations" to B2B portal as stated above?

• Hi guys, I am an admin from the Euchre website. To be honest, I think this future is extremely important. So, please add it right now! 

• Bumping into this again with another business.  The key here is that there needs to be a way to combine the availability of stock at multiple warehouses.  We are needing to create a consolidated warehouse that combines the stock for multiple warehouses and we are going to need to manage the stock at these multiple warehouse *outside of DEAR*.  This is definitely not optimal.  With that said, I realize that a complication with this feature request is decide which of the multiple warehouses is used for the Pick, Pack, Ship part of the order.  I think it may be necessary to require *manual Pick* for these sorts of arrangements in order to get the stock deductions correctly recorded in DEAR.  

• Critical feature to use Shopify POS - we need to have inventory tracked in POS separate from E-commerce. 

• Yep. Need this. Thanks.

• A variation on this proposal would be to look at a list of locations to be considered for fulfillment of an order. So Stock availability  looks at can this total order be fulfilled from warehouse A, B OR C in totality. Meaning the pick only comes from one location that can fulfil the entire sales order by itself.

• Is DEAR working on this to keep up with Shopify's "Locations" feature? We need inventory to be able to pull from multiple warehouses as well. Please update us on this feature request. 

2 people like this
  • Please Please Please Please add this feature.

• We need this too!

• This is a critical feature for us. I've been looking at other solutions because this isn't possible.

• we need this feature too. because we configure consignment customers as locations, we would like to exclude this from the available quantity value that shopify derives from DEAR. the current 'select one location' or 'all locations' is not flexible enough. we should be able to select multiple, specific locations for shopify to use.

• Any idea if this feature will be implemented?

Login or Signup to post a comment

23 people like this idea