Start a new topic

Assembly Production - Batch/Serial Number Creation

Hi Dear Inventory,

When doing New Assembly for Production, I've noticed that Batch/Serial number are created automatically without having sequential Serial Numbers.

EX. Output of Serial number from DI is as follows:

1001-11001-21001-3, ... 1001-10

I'd like to have the option to have serials numbers that I can create as follows:

Starting Serial/Batch number (1001):  1001, 1002, 1003, .. 1010 

Regards,

Tony Oh

2 people like this idea

Yes please!

1 person likes this

Agreed.  At the end of the assembly, there should be an option to specify the serial number of the items produced.  I envision this as being a General Setting such as "Enable user specification of serial numbers for production".  Then, after hitting the Complete button, a list of items produced would appear as they do for the Receiving of serial items.  Users could then enter the serial numbers through the user interface or the user could use a CSV export/import to specify the serial numbers.  The CSV export/import is important for large production runs of serial items. 

Thanks!

2 people like this

Agree

We really need to be able to assign our own serial numbers to an assembly of items! 

So when an assembly is completed it should ask what the serial numbers are we should be able to fill in with our own serial numbers.

Thanks!

3 people like this
Login or Signup to post a comment