search-icon

Custom attributes against serialised or batch items

started a topic almost 8 years ago

Dear has done a great job allowing customer attributes against a number of areas. It would be great if this could be extended to allow more attributes than just expiry date against a serialised item

In the world where supply chain integrity is becoming more and more important so is the need for serialization. With serialization also comes the ability to provide information to supply chain parties and utimately the consumer about that particular item e.g. where was it made and when, what was the results of any testing activities, physical characteristics if they are variable etc etc. 

Ultimately if these attributes could be set up on a global, product group, and individual item master levels that would be great as different products may have different needs. However, even just starting global level would be great.  

Cheers,

Shaun

5 people like this idea
  • Yes! We need to be able to attach documents to each individual batch, not just to the product. This would make traceability far simpler.

2 people like this
  • Having a way to add additional attributes at an individual batch level, or individual serial level, would be very helpful to many businesses.

2 people like this
  • And the most simple data on a batch-by-batch / serial-by-serial basis would be a comment/note field.

2 people like this
  • Running into this again.  Additional Attributes at a batch level would be very helpful to two businesses with whom I am working.

1 person likes this

• 2 people like this
  • Agree. One of the nicest things I saw from SAP B1 was the ability to track multiple attributes against a lot - even to the point of having a Certificate of Analysis, manufacturers batch, etc. 

2 people like this
  • I totally agree with Russell.  Being able to do attachments at the batch level, for a example to attach a Certificate of Analysis (COA) document, would be great, in addition to attributes.  With that said, documents such as COA could be referenced with a URL for a cloud-stored document (e.g. in Dropbox or Google Drive). 

Also related to Russell's comments, I see the lack of batch-level attributes being a reason some businesses out-grow DEAR.  Moving to a new platform is a costly endeavor, so I am sure many businesses would be very happy to see this implemented so that they can stay on DEAR.

The current workaround I am seeing for the lack of this feature is for businesses to track additional attributes for batches in a separate spreadsheet.

Additional note on this.  It is important that these additional attributes are modifiable over time, preferably with logging of these changes.  The reason it is important that it is modifiable to allow things like grading of the batch which can change over time.  Some business re-grade stock periodically, especially food.

1 person likes this
  • Resume discussion as this has been requested/needed again, Please consider in future enhancements.

• Multiple requests for batch and serial notes or attributes. Please consider.

Login or Signup to post a comment

5 people like this idea