search-icon

Implemented
API for Production/Assembly Transactions (supporting serialised level)

started a topic about 8 years ago

Hi I believe having an API for production related transactions (at a serialised level) would be very useful for clients wishing to automate receipting of finished goods into stock (and also issuing of raw materials to production) at the end of a manufacturing process. 

Certainly this is a requirement I have because as each item comes off the production line I would have the opportunity for the production control system to update inventory of new serialised item having been produced. Having the operator do that is just not effective or efficient given the speed of production and a desire for the inventory to be recorded in real time.

Cheers,

Shaun

4 people like this idea
  • Should probably include inventory adjustments if an API does not exist here. These APIs are really around allow manufacturing organisations who wish to use your solution achieve integration / automation with any manufacturing control systems they maybe using. 

• Also assume we going this work you would also include the ability to 

1. query the list of open assemble orders

2. query the assembly order calculated BOM

From what I can see you cannot get defined BOM info from the Product API which you may want to be look at.

Look forward to these enhancement. Thanks in advance

Shaun

1 person likes this
  • API stock adjustments and assembly orders for non serialised and serialised items in GET, POST and PUT.

API stock adjustments and assembly orders for non serialised and serialised items in GET, POST and PUT.

Also ability to get BOM info from product API. 

Essentially having support for these APIs will provide capabilities for production control systems to interact with Dear for the consumption and creation of inventory in a manufacturing/assembly process. 

Certainly this is essential for our business to get the potential benefits from implementing Dear. Otherwise we have a bunch of manual transactions that  need to performed for an automated production process.

1 person likes this
  • The lack of any API access to the Finished Goods and Assemblies is a major weakness in DEAR and it is something that frustrates me. After all, it is a manufacturing system isn't it? Please DEAR, can the API be extended so that we can access our our Work in Progress?

1 person likes this
  • Hi Dear,

Where is this API work now?

Thanks,

Shaun

• Also I have found that the PO API cannot be used to receipt product against an existing PO. As POs are often created well before goods are receipted this is not practical. Would appreciate it if this could be resolved as part of the API updates. 

Cheers,

Shaun

• Summary Of Requested API Enhancements Included In This Thread

1. API stock adjustments PUT API for non serialised and serialised items. - i.e. allowing for stock adjustments via API

2. API for assembly orders for non serialised and serialised items in GET, POST and PUT. - i.e. allowing for assembly orders to be created or queried and raw materials issued and finished good receipted to the assembly order.

3. Also ability to get BOM info from product API or assembly API i.e. useful for production system recipes etc

4. PO API allowing receipt of product against an existing PO. i.e. more aligned to the use of POs in business. 

Cheers,

Shaun

1 person likes this
  • Any update on this topic?  Being able to place a stock adjustment via the API would be very useful for us.

• API enhancements included in this thread have been implemented some time ago. Please check our API documentation here https://dearinventory.docs.apiary.io/#

• Hi, 

Any plans for including API Endpoints for production orders ? 

Login or Signup to post a comment

4 people like this idea