search-icon

Implemented
Add comment field to Sales Order Additional charges

started a topic over 8 years ago

Its very frustrating comments cannot be added to Additional charges on Sales orders.

Come on Dev team, this must be trivial to implement. This is what your support desk had to say of the idea.

"We constantly make improvements in our releases and this sounds like a good idea to have a comments field in additional costs. Our development team reviews feature request daily on this forum."

There are so many uses for this feature (like recording quoted freight costs) or describing a miscellaneous purchase item.

So come on all the rest of you users vote for this change and lets get it done :)

12 people like this idea
  • I have been in contact with support today for the exact same thing. This would be extremely useful!

• Again A few of my clients need this for the types of industries that they are in. This would be a necessary request for a large number of your clients that use Additional charges.   

• Often an additional charge needs more detail for our customers - we would like to see this feature added as soon as possible.

1 person likes this
  • Agreed. It's actually in service only sales, see attached image, so if it can be added across simple and advanced sales orders that would be awesome.

Example would be a company who sells labour lines on sales but wants to show information per line for what the labour relates to rather than using orders notes.

1 person likes this
  • +1 voted.

We have also been in contact with DEAR Support for the same request. Many business deal in both goods and services - an example being that the service is labour, which needs additional information pertaining to a repair job for instance, as well as listing the spare parts used for repair, all billed to the customer on a single invoice.

Given that the Comments field is available for Services in "Sale > Service Sale", it is frustrating that this functionality is not available on the Simple or Advanced Sales Order screens. Using the Order Memo field is not sufficient as the comments need to relate to particular lines on the invoice.

1 person likes this
  • Yes, this is truly needed and not asking for something different. This would make it the same as both the Simple Sale Module and the Service Sale Module.  I had inquired about this nearly a year ago.   Every day on multiple customers, I need to use this function.

Please upgrade this function DEAR :-)

Login or Signup to post a comment

12 people like this idea