search-icon

Implemented
Maximum quantity possible for kits and bundles (auto-assembly)

started a topic over 8 years ago

Please add one more parameter to product availability report - maximum quantity possible for auto-assembled items.

For sales channels there should be an option to choose to update quantities based on available quantity or based on calculated maximum possible availability. So this should resolve the issue with 0 quantities for bundles.

13 people like this idea
  • My short answer to your question is:

Bundle 1 - 10

Bundle 2 - 10

This is the number that would be visible in DEAR and for any integrated system.  

I am good with the double counting, so long as all of the inventory numbers are updated as soon as an auto-assembly occurs.

A couple of other thoughts related to this:

Recursive availability

In cases where there are subassembly within assemblies, I think the same functionality should be the same. That is, the functionality should do recursive availability. Using your example, say Component 1 had its own auto-assembly of Subcomponent A and Subcomponent B. The system would first do the auto-assembly availability of Component 1 based on the availability of Subcomponent A and Subcomponent B, and then calculate the Bundle 1 availability based on Component 1 and Component 2.

Notation for actual vs. calculated availability

It might be good to have DEAR might be some kind of notation that indicated that the value included some auto-assembly. For example:

Bundle 1 - 10 (includes auto-assembly)

Bundle 2 - 10 (includes auto-assembly)

Keeping in mind that Bundle 1 could also be assembled manually, not just auto-assembled. So it is possible that Bundle 1 is already assembled with no ability to build additional kits, so the numbers for Bundle 1 would not include the notation, while Bundle 2 might.

Bundle 1 - 10

Bundle 2 - 10 (includes auto-assembly)

• To clarify: "Notation for actual vs. calculated availability" is nice-to-have.

And I am not sure to how many businesses the "Recursive availability" is important, so if they is going to significantly slow the implementation, then maybe that could be skipped for now, too.

Getting the one level auto-assembly availability implemented is very important.

• Similar to above:

Bundle 1 - 10

Bundle 2 - 10

+1 to Stan's point about recursive availability. We have a product that is itself assembled from a set of assembled products. 

• Everyone is right:

Bundle 1: 10
    Bundle 2: 10

• The original feature request on this is for the Availability search to include results in the 'Available' column for auto-assembly products where the BOM components are in stock.

I would like to request that this logic is extended to the 'On Order' column whereby results are included for auto-assembly products where the BOM components are on Purchase. 

If a Product includes components which are purchased from different Suppliers, the 'Next Delivery' column could reference the 'Required by' date of the latest purchase required in order to complete the components for the auto-assembly

• Yep totally need this also. Please implement
Login or Signup to post a comment

13 people like this idea