Start a new topic

Keep the same order from beginning of sales order all the way through pick, auto pick, authorized. Not sort by alphabet or product code.

It is very important for company like ours that sells over 1000 products for sales order remain the same even when it is picked and authorized. When the sales order is started it follows specific order. For example all the heavy products are on the top of the invoice because they will go on the bottom of the pallet. And all the cookies are in the end of the invoice because they will go on the top of the pallet. At this moment as soon as pick is picked the order is switched by product number or alphabet. In our business it is impossible to predict how many cookies we will get, therefore we add new products codes that are not in order all the time

5 people like this idea

What a pain when it just changes the order on the invoice.

DEAR is frustrating enough to use as it is without it just changing the order of everything on you ecause it feels like it.

I agree. I think Dear was developed for someone who likes it's life to be difficult. Simple steps that exist in quick books and peach tree are so difficult in dear. Like changing order of the invoice, tabbing to add a line, not being able to authorize if the product is back ordered. In other programs the order of the invoice is staying the way it was created, lines are added automatically, and you can print the invoice with negative inventory and then input the inventory and the negative becomes positive. I mean really? Sometimes I need to create the invoice before the products come but got to either wait or do back order.

Hi Natalie...

I'm going crazy here..

Why do I need to put an invoice back to an order just to make small changes to it?

I just did that....and the same customers back order filled with the items....so after I made the changes on the invoice I couldnt re invoice it again.....because the items went on back order.

Cmon DEAR...get it together.

I agree. I think Dear was developed for someone who likes it's life to be difficult. Simple steps that exist in quick books and peach tree are so difficult in dear. Like changing order of the invoice, tabbing to add a line, not being able to authorize if the product is back ordered. In other programs the order of the invoice is staying the way it was created, lines are added automatically, and you can print the invoice with negative inventory and then input the inventory and the negative becomes positive. I mean really? Sometimes I need to create the invoice before the products come but got to either wait or do back order.
Yep. The whole process is difficult. Once you open the invoice to make the changes the whole inventory returns and if someone else is working at the same time you might loose your order. That's why the other programs are so great. Once you print the order it is complete and the inventory is deducted. but you can get in and make changes anytime without loosing the products.

I wonder if the people who make and sell this product actualy use it???

Yep. The whole process is difficult. Once you open the invoice to make the changes the whole inventory returns and if someone else is working at the same time you might loose your order. That's why the other programs are so great. Once you print the order it is complete and the inventory is deducted. but you can get in and make changes anytime without loosing the products.
No. They do not. Otherwise instead of fixing difficult problems for someone who works for government or something, they would fix easy problems that should not exist in the first place.
+1 - need to be able to sort back to the order the line items were entered in at any time

I agree this is SO frustrating! I enter an order into DEAR a certain way and then DEAR shuffles  them items order it each time I authorise a step. Is this really necessary, please DEAR can you keep my orders in the system the way I enter them!!

This would be a good improvement for Dear. At the moment, a client has "print sales documents in screen order" as the setting. But auto-pick ends up with a non-deterministic ordering (it is different from the sales order, and it can be different each time you do it). This then becomes the new screen order, which means the pick list and the packing list do not actually follow the order of lines on the Order (or invoice). It's very hard to explain this as anything other than a bug, because is it unexpected based on a setting which promises that the screen order on the Order will the order used during the sales process. The non-deterministic nature is also not a good look.

Login or Signup to post a comment