Start a new topic

Retail Formulas in the Reports Section

Reports Section for Retail Formulas

It would be quite easy with all the data in Dear to create some great reports based on retail formulas... (excuse me if they are already here, I am still finding my way around the program)

For example:

GMROI = Gross Margin ÷ Average Inventory Cost

A measure of inventory productivity that expresses the relationship between your total sales, the gross profit margin you earn on those sales, and the number of dollars you invest in inventory.

Average Inventory

Average Inventory (Month) = (Beginning of Month Inventory + End of Month Inventory) ÷ 2

Average Inventory is used to Calculate by Adding up the inventory at beginning of Month and inventory at end of month and divided by 2. It compute Inventory Turn Rate and Gross Margin Return of Inventory, so it is an extremely important figure.

Inventory Turnover

Inventory Turnover = Net Sales ÷ Average Retail Stock

Inventory turnover is an equation that measures the number of times inventory is sold or used over in a period such as a year. The equation equals the cost of goods sold divided by the average inventory. Inventory turnover is also known as inventory turnsstockturnstock turnsturns, and stock turnover.

Maintained Markup

Maintained Markup ($) = (Original Retail - Reductions) - Cost of Goods Sold

Maintained Markup (%) = Maintained Markup($) ÷ Net Sales Amount

Stock to Sales Ratio

Formula

Stock-to-Sales = Beginning of Month Stock ÷ Sales for the Month

Login or Signup to post a comment