search-icon

Planned
better linking within the UI

started a topic almost 9 years ago

I would like to see Dear take a page out of Xero's book and address the slightly clunky UI.  I think there could be a lot better linking going on so one doesn't always have to go back to the Purchase or Sales 'View All'.

1. When I'm in a PO, suppliers name should be a link and it should be 1 click to view and edit the suppliers profile.

2. It should also be 1 click to see all PO's from that supplier.

3. I'd also like to see a dropdown and scroll at the top of all PO's showing supplier so I can get to any PO I want with 1 click.

4. Same as above but for SO's

5. Search bar at the top where I can type in a PO, SO, Supplier, Customer, SKU, Shiiping tracking number, Serial number, (there could be others), etc and I get links to appropriate screen that involve that data.  ie, type in a serial number should yield, Inventory item, PO it was purchased, SO it was sold, etc.

I think the above would greatly improve the user experience.

15 people like this idea
  • 3 years! 

I've got so frustrated I've started building my own Chrome Extension to add these features.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/dearsystems-super-dear/ghgejnlcdnonhmioaapmolbkkbagfgmi

At the moment it just adds links to Customers and Suppliers on the SO and PO forms, but planning a lot more. Please test it out and if you are interested, let me know what to work on next. If people install it I will be encouraged to add more:

1. Product Links: quick links to product pages from the SO product list
    2. Super Search: a global search bar where you can type anything and it will find it. (might have to use the API for this - will be a bit tricky)
    3. Info Boxes: Like stock availability etc without having to search for the right page.
    4. ... ?

If you have more ideas, or need a custom addon / integration, please email me at dear@timosolo.me

• This just makes sense. Let's see this happen

1 person likes this
  • Yes please would be a good addition.

• +1

1 person likes this
  • 2 year old request and would really love this from a user perspective

1 person likes this
  • Also, links in the inventory write-offs etc please.

• I like some of the new links in the new UI.

But, links to products still missing in sales and purchases. Please!!

1 person likes this
  • A couple of things here I love.

a) the search idea, global search or similar

b) options within a customer file/supplier file (i.e. create new order, create new quote, create new PO)

• +1

• YES PLEASE!! I was about to post the same request. It would be great to have everything linked to relevant pages, i.e. click on the customer within the sales page to update their info, especially as customers from Shopify are automatically created in DEAR with incorrect defaults.

Login or Signup to post a comment

15 people like this idea