search-icon

Implemented
Automatic Purchase Order quantities to minimum levels

started a topic almost 9 years ago

We should be able to automatically fill the Purchase Order quantities to the amount needed to bring the stock level up to the Minimum Stock level. This is a very basic feature and I was quite surprised it is not available.

10 people like this idea
  • I don't think you understand what Ron is saying.

Ron would like to set a minimum to 5 and a reorder qty to 1.

If Ron's inventory actually dips down to 4 before it is time to reorder, then he would like that reorder qty automatically changed from a 1 to a 2.

This is more commonly referred to as a min/max inventory approach and it is not one that DEAR supports (although it absolutely should).

We are handling this via data export, spreadsheet number crunch and data import back into a PO. It's cumbersome and ridiculous as it should be included in DEAR to begin with.

2 people like this
  • Exactly. I thought "automatically fill the Purchase Order quantities to the amount needed to bring the stock level up to the Minimum Stock level" was clear enough.

1 person likes this
  • 'Reorder Quantity' field on Product details screen does exactly what you expect. This option is available since inception as you correctly specified it as a very basic feature.  

• I see that this has been marked as "Implemented" but I don't see where this was addressed in any of the recent updates to DEAR. Can you point to where this was implemented?

Login or Signup to post a comment

10 people like this idea