Start a new topic

The Reorder Level of Stock by Inventory Item (not Supplier)

The Reorder Level of Stock feature is great knowing what items need to ordered for each supplier, but what if you want to go the other way?

We would like to be able to view all of the inventory items which are below the "Minimum Before Reorder" threshold. From there, one could explore re-ordering items from the various Suppliers from whom we purchase the item. For example, if carrots, tomatoes, and onions are below the "Minimum Before Reorder" threshold, I want to be where I can see all of those listed, with the columns On Hand, On Order, Minimum Before Reorder and Reorder Quantity listed. There is a start to this idea at the bottom of the Dashboard in the "Reorder / Backorder" section, but when you click on one of these, it just goes to the Reorder page and loses context with the item click. A more robust feature implementation would be being able to click on any one of the items in need of reordering to see details in a table below it of all of the suppliers from whom I buy that inventory item, including the Supplier SKU, SKU, Supplier Name, and most Recent Price Paid. From there I would want to be able to add to the next order with that Supplier.

5 people like this idea
Login or Signup to post a comment