search-icon

Implemented
Credit note

started a topic over 9 years ago

There are some issues about your credit note.

First, there is only one credit note can be issued to one invoice. Sometimes, we sold several items in one invoice, and clients returned them not in one time but separately in which case we need to issue more than one credit notes to one invoice.

Second, when we issue a credit note to an invoice, Dear system change the original COGS journal transaction in stead of generate a new reverse COGS journal transaction of this credit note in real time. This is not right according to common account rule. For example, we opened an invoice on 20 March 2013, then we received the returned goods and issued a credit note on 20 Apr 2013. DEAR would change the original COGS journal which was generated on 20 March. However the accounting reports ended 31 Mar 2013 could have already been finalized and provided to IRD by 20 Apr 2013, which means our 2013 year end report would be inaccurate and modified by the 20 Apr credit note transaction.

Can you please solve the two issues?

34 people like this idea
  • The solution has been made on sales invoices but still a problem on purchase invoices. We really should be able to raise a credit note as a separate document for whatever we want to be credited for!

Any update on a resolution for this?

Thanks

Gail 

1 person likes this
  • Hey Guys, 

We had this problem but we now have a solution! When creating the credit note convert all sales to advanced sales using the convert button at the top of the credit note screen! This changes the view of the sale but allows you to create multiple credit notes with the +credit note button that is generated. It's a bit random as you have to delete items from the credit rather than add them to the credit, but it works!!!!

• We do need urgently the ability to add Credit Note from Suppliers to the system. There is many reasons a supplier would offer credit notes to a reseller :

+ Problems with goods shipped

+ Reseller made a repair work for the manufacturer

+ % on sales objectives acheivement (over a certain period)

+ % on certain sales (Specific target etc)

To sum it up, we need to be able to add "Credit Notes" associate to a supplier, not always associated with an invoice, and the re-use it as partial payment for an invoice.

ATM, trying to keep track of every credit notes we receive is a nightmare as we can't enter it in the system.

I think this exist in QBO and XERO as well. Thoses should sync to accounting software as well.

Been requested since 3 years and marked as "In progress" how is it going and would you please get back to us to make sure the solution you are working on will answer our needs (The whole community).

Regards,

François

• Thank you Valiantsina! Good to hear.
  • Thank you. Very good to hear that!

• It is now possible to convert a sale to Advanced Features that allows multiple credit notes per order.

If a second return is processed in DEAR POS then the sale will be automatically converted to Advanced Features and the second credit note will be processed.

Returns create new COGS transactions. Now the system was upgraded the way that no historical transactions are modified.

2 people like this
  • Is this still an issue that only one credit can be made against a customers order? We often have customers with a large order that bring back items several times against that one order. Is this going to be an issue? How is this handled in the new Dear POS when a customer needs to make several returns against one original purchase? Also, on the accounting side, is it still adjusting the cogs of the original sales entry instead of creating a new credit entry? This topic was started over 2yrs and I don't see any resolution posted so just checking because this would pose issues for us. Thanks! Stephen
  • Hi Sandeep Kadapa,

Could you please email us more details about the problem you are experiencing - a particular purchase order number as well as the result you are trying to achieve. I am pretty sure the issue could be resolved without inflating your stock. You can email us at support@dearsystems.com.

Thank you!

• Hi ,

Even I'm facing same issue as mentioned above kindly please resolve this asap.

Your Solution for Credit note restocking doesn't work as you are inflating your stock and reducing which creates nil effect.

Please address the issue .

Thanks

• Please add a way for me to easily filter credit notes that need a payment allocated to them like I would with invoices under the "awaiting payment" filter. The payment was made external to Shopify we need to manually apply the refund in DEAR. A way to filter all credit notes without payments so I can easily see them all would be great

• Let's put it another way (for Sheila)

If you sell two thin sheep and the customer later returns them (still thin), you cannot book these back in at the cost of two fat sheep can you? That simply doesn't make sense, does it?

On a much more more serious note, accurate and reliable financial records are absolutely essential to any business. Please please pay attention to this.

1 person likes this
  • NB. Please DEAR, fix your system so that it adheres to common accounting practices! This is ESSENTIAL!

1. A credit note for goods returned cannot cancel an invoice. NEVER, EVER. They may be linked but these are two separate documents with their own transaction dates which can and do fall into different months or even tax years.

2. DEAR changes the COGS on an invoice if a credit note is raised. This is WRONG and flies in the face of common sense and any basic accounting practice. A credit note can NEVER change the information on an invoice - they are two separate documents.

These issues are causing us endless problems with reports, commissions, tax submissions, auditors and the like. PLEASE FIX IT!

Apologies for the shouting but how else can I get DEAR to act on this?

2 people like this
  • A major problem , credit note should also be considering what customers have bought in the past , because if i have 10 items and they are all from different invoices , i will have to create 10 different credit notes , which is very time consuming

3 people like this
  • Some issues I have found:

1. We need to be able to raise more than 1 credit note against a sales invoice when items are returned separately.

2. You cannot easily search for a credit note issued - only invoice numbers are listed 

3. We purchase stock by the case with mixed items of colours and sizes... If we have any damaged items we can not raise a credit note for the specific size/colour - it has to be done as a percentage of the case so it does not help with restock. The only way around this is a stock adjustment and just raise a credit note on Xero (our accounts platform).

4. We have to find the specific invoice for the goods returned and if there are several items on different invoices then we have to issue all separate credit notes - so time consuming. Why can we not raise a credit note as a separate transaction and then see it listed in numerical order. It would make life so much easier!

Please can credit note issues be addressed ASAP! :)

Thanks

2 people like this
  • How is it possible that a credit note issued today can affect the COGS on the invoice date? This is crazy!!!

Xero has lock dates for very good reasons and transactions before those dates CANNOT be altered. What do we do with the sync errors now?

3 people like this
Login or Signup to post a comment

34 people like this idea