search-icon

Implemented
Credit note

started a topic over 9 years ago

There are some issues about your credit note.

First, there is only one credit note can be issued to one invoice. Sometimes, we sold several items in one invoice, and clients returned them not in one time but separately in which case we need to issue more than one credit notes to one invoice.

Second, when we issue a credit note to an invoice, Dear system change the original COGS journal transaction in stead of generate a new reverse COGS journal transaction of this credit note in real time. This is not right according to common account rule. For example, we opened an invoice on 20 March 2013, then we received the returned goods and issued a credit note on 20 Apr 2013. DEAR would change the original COGS journal which was generated on 20 March. However the accounting reports ended 31 Mar 2013 could have already been finalized and provided to IRD by 20 Apr 2013, which means our 2013 year end report would be inaccurate and modified by the 20 Apr credit note transaction.

Can you please solve the two issues?

34 people like this idea
  • Just to add further, we also need to be able to issue more than one credit note against an invoice.  Sometimes on large orders returns can happen over a period of time and we cannot raise a 2nd or even 3rd credit note.

This also needs addressing.

1 person likes this
  • Thank you. Very good to hear that!

• Hey Guys, 

We had this problem but we now have a solution! When creating the credit note convert all sales to advanced sales using the convert button at the top of the credit note screen! This changes the view of the sale but allows you to create multiple credit notes with the +credit note button that is generated. It's a bit random as you have to delete items from the credit rather than add them to the credit, but it works!!!!

• +1  for improving credit note handling. Now that the Xero API supports overpayment and enhanced credit note functionality it would be great if Dear can implement some improvements here.

• Thank you Valiantsina! Good to hear.
  • I had a chat with Tim from the support team and he pointed me to: http://dearsystems.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/1000140016-how-can-i-add-the-second-credit-note-i-can-t-void-a-credit-note-

which seem a better-than-nothing temporary option if you don't have many returns to do.

He also confirmed that multiple returns made in integration such as Vend (https://www.vendhq.com/) will NOT be pulled by Dear.

I don't understand how "big company" handle this problem as it has been around since quite a long time. Do they really always go with the workaround solution since that long!?

One more link to see the next development phase: http://dearsystems.com/inventory-software/development-roadmap/

@SwampIndustries: be sure to add your vote to the idea by clicking the "like this idea" link under the first message.  I think this vote link is really not visible enough...

• We do need urgently the ability to add Credit Note from Suppliers to the system. There is many reasons a supplier would offer credit notes to a reseller :

+ Problems with goods shipped

+ Reseller made a repair work for the manufacturer

+ % on sales objectives acheivement (over a certain period)

+ % on certain sales (Specific target etc)

To sum it up, we need to be able to add "Credit Notes" associate to a supplier, not always associated with an invoice, and the re-use it as partial payment for an invoice.

ATM, trying to keep track of every credit notes we receive is a nightmare as we can't enter it in the system.

I think this exist in QBO and XERO as well. Thoses should sync to accounting software as well.

Been requested since 3 years and marked as "In progress" how is it going and would you please get back to us to make sure the solution you are working on will answer our needs (The whole community).

Regards,

François

• Hi ,

Even I'm facing same issue as mentioned above kindly please resolve this asap.

Your Solution for Credit note restocking doesn't work as you are inflating your stock and reducing which creates nil effect.

Please address the issue .

Thanks

• Unfortunately we do not have a straight -forward solution at the moment. So can consider completing the order (adding the insufficient items through a stock adjustment with 0.0000001 value) and creating a credit note after that.

• Please add a way for me to easily filter credit notes that need a payment allocated to them like I would with invoices under the "awaiting payment" filter. The payment was made external to Shopify we need to manually apply the refund in DEAR. A way to filter all credit notes without payments so I can easily see them all would be great

• Here's a scenario that we're not sure how to resolve at the moment:

1. Customer returns part of an order. We issue a credit note but don't refund them since they're happy to have credit on their account.
    2. Later they send a bulk payment for several orders, but Dear does not take note of the credit on their account so we're unable to use the bulk payment screen to clear the account.

We can work around this by creating the proper transactions in Xero but it's not ideal.

• If I issue another invoice with 100% discount, it will effected my stock inventory.

• Hi Sandeep Kadapa,

Could you please email us more details about the problem you are experiencing - a particular purchase order number as well as the result you are trying to achieve. I am pretty sure the issue could be resolved without inflating your stock. You can email us at support@dearsystems.com.

Thank you!

• Is this still an issue that only one credit can be made against a customers order? We often have customers with a large order that bring back items several times against that one order. Is this going to be an issue? How is this handled in the new Dear POS when a customer needs to make several returns against one original purchase? Also, on the accounting side, is it still adjusting the cogs of the original sales entry instead of creating a new credit entry? This topic was started over 2yrs and I don't see any resolution posted so just checking because this would pose issues for us. Thanks! Stephen
Login or Signup to post a comment

34 people like this idea